The ‘hard’ landscaping construction elements of your garden are akin to the skeleton, and they provide the structure for the design. The ‘soft’ elements, being the planting, contrast the deliberate ‘hard’ lines and shapes chosen, with the necessary ‘soft’ organic shapes to balance the overall feel of the garden.
In order to provide a harmonious outdoor space, it is vital that there is an appropriate balance of ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ landscaping features.
In the timeline of a ‘new build’, the construction or ‘hard landscaping’ phase constitutes 90% of the time and the remaining 10% is given to ‘soft landscaping’ or planting/lawns. Although the planting stage is carried out at the end of the construction phase, it is by no means secondary. It is no surprise that this final stage breathes life into the garden, and completes the overall design, allowing nature to provide the necessary maturation.
In line with standard practice, we design our planting schemes with a vision of how they will look in 5 years time.
Here are some of the ‘hard’ landscaping construction features we can build:
- Green Houses
- Composting bays
- Natural stone paving & patios, Pre-cast concrete & block paving
- Decorative gravel
- Raised beds
- Lawn seeding and instant roll-out turf
- Artificial lawns
- Water features, fountains, ponds
- Garden lighting
- Garden sculpture
- Irrigation Systems